After GNM variable employement opportunities such as:
• Higher Studies- B.Sc Nursing (post certificate/ post basic) after GNM. After graduation option for M.Sc Nursing or PG diploma in Nursing.
• Clinical Area- Employed as a nurse in private and government hospitals, Nursing homes, Orphanages, Old age homes, Industries, School, Disater care, Forensic area and Armed forces.
• Primary Health Care – worked as community health nurse in various government health centres throughout India.
JOB PROFILE :
• Assess the nursing need of the clients.
• Provide effective nursing care.
• Apply problems solving technique in nursing practice.
• Assist in Research Activities.
• Monitor the condition of patients.
• Set up Medical equipment in operation theatres.
• Demonstrate basic skills in teaching patients and giving nursing care.
• Provide care to school students and staff.
• school environment for safety of students.
• Conducting routine health checkup of students.
• Monitoring Immunization status of students.
• Educating students regarding promotion of health and prevention of diseases.
• Helping victims of physical and mental trauma based on first-aid principle in disaster conditions.
• Providing care during the time of disaster.
• Preventing further disaster and injuries.
• Helping persons prepare for services during, cope with and adapt to life after disster.
• Works in ambulatory clinics, community hospitals, large medical centres, hospital ships, field hospital and aircraft.
• Serves the military by enlisting for active duty, reserve status or in the national guard.
• Promotes health and meet the health care needs of military personnel and their dependence during war time and in time of peace.
• Armed force nursing offers advanced education.
• Application of the forensic aspects of health care to the scientific investigation of trauma and/ or death related to medico-legal issues.
• Forensic nurse help victims and contribute their expertise to solve crime.
• Forensic nurses are trained to recognize, collect and preserve evidence while treating patient wounds.
• Forensic nurse also works bedsides hospital staff collecting and documenting evidence while treating patients.
Occupational Health Nursing
• Preventing injury or diseases in work place.
• Assures employee safety by collaborating with agencies that set standards for safe, healthy working environment.
• Assessing the health status of the workers and work environment using a systematic approach.
• Providing primary, secondary and tertiary care to persons in the work setting.
Home Health Nursing
• Administering Medications.
• Cleaning and dressing wounds.
• Monitoring patient health and needs.
• Documenting symptoms and vital signs.
• Supervising home health aids.
• Providing encouragement and support.