Nutrition is the key element of good health, Dietitian is the expert in promoting good health and nutrition and ,food choices that can make us healthy.Dietitians design DIET PRESCRIPTION to protect health, prevent allergic reactions and alleviate the symptom of any type of disease
Nutrition and Dietetics a sub-discipline Of Medicine is the science that focuses on everything related to food and its effect on our health and overall wellbeing. Nutritionists and Dietitians aim to improve people’s health and help them make better dietary choices.
Nutrition plays a pivotal role in leading a healthy life. It’s a vital element required in every stage of life. Nutritious food intake and metabolism of nutrients are associated with a decreased risk of both infectious and non-communicable diseases. A nutritious diet is a major determinant of future health- physical, mental, and social health not merely an absence of disease.
What should I do after 12th to become a Dietitian ?
To become a dietitian you can get guidance from the admission help desk , SANTOSH INSTITUTE OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCE, GZB. It is one of the top paramedical college in Ghaziabad which gives you step by step guidance on admission procedures to learn about DIETETICS course.
Why choose dietetics ?
The objective of pursuing a course in Nutrition and Dietetics is that the student will acquire scientific knowledge . Students will get a broad understanding of clinical nutrition, food science, sports nutrition, public health nutrition and influence on human health and well being. They will develop skills pertaining to critical analysis, entrepreneurship and communication for career development in the field of nutritional sciences and will enhance practical knowledge in the domain of Nutrition and Dietetics for its application in industry and research
ELEGIBILITY CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATION
Passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology/Biology including English OR its equivalent qualification from a Recognized Board.
OPPORTUNITIES AFTER B.sc Clinical nutrition and dietetics
- Holistic Nutritionist
- Clinical Dietetics/Nutrition
- Sports Nutritionist
- Health Coach
- Nutrition Education and Research
- Business and Industries
- Private Practice and Consulting
- Nutritionist in Schools/Clubs/Restaurants/Hotels
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Public/Private Hospitals
- Non-Government (NGO) and welfare Organization
- Research and Development Centers
- Therapeutic Dietician
- Administrative Nutritionist
- Public Health/Community Dietician
- Food companies
B.Sc. Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics[ honors] is an undergraduate 3 year full time degree course with 1 year compulsory internship administered by Santosh deemed to be University.
This unique graduate program is organized as a four-year structured modular curriculum with classroom and hand on experience in managing healthcare delivery at the Santosh deemed to be university
- This course shall be divided into three professional examinations namely B.Sc. in Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics (B.Sc.-CND) Part-I at the end of first academic year, B.Sc.-CND Part II at the end of second academic year end B.Sc.-CND Part-III at the end of third academic year. And last part 4th year will be project work and internship.
Benefits of nutritionist or dietitian course
- Working as a nutritionist or dietitian in this field means that you are passionate about the powerful role that food plays in preventing disease and improving people’s health and wellness.
- Others see a master’s in nutrition science as a chance to bolster their resume, start a new company, or qualify for a specific job title or professional path.
- Increase Professional Satisfaction and Fulfillment
- Become a Trusted Leader in the Nutrition-Care Process
- Gain Deeper and Broader Knowledge
- Employers are increasingly looking for expertise as they hire more dietitians to lead their health and wellness programs